Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Hills Are Alive...

Tonight the hubs and I thought it was high time that our boys watched "The Sound of Music," one of my favorite movies of all time.  They actually did pretty well and were pretty into it at parts.  We didn't get to finish it as it got a little late but will finish it tomorrow for Family Home Evening (Monday night of each week we spend together as a family). 
Josh (the hubs) and I finished it after they went to bed and I think I said about 25 times that I wanted to visit Austria.  The only time I have ever been to Europe was to England I just fell in love and have been itching to go back to Europe.  I know a few of you that read this blog have either visited or are from European countries and I would love to know where you would go if you could go ANYWHERE in Europe (you can include your own country :)
Josh and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary on Tuesday and are planning a trip (we were going to go this weekend but our babysitter is out of town...).  We have tons of frequent flyer miles through Southwest (who only flies to U.S. places) and are trying to decide where to go.  We will be going now in June.  Our top two are Chicago and Boston as we have never been to either (well Josh just got back from a trip to Chicago and loved it so he would be up for visiting it again with me)  and both are in our top 10 places we both want to go (New York is on there too, but we are going there in December).
So I need your help with these two, if you could go to either Chicago or Boston which would you pick?  If you live in or have visited either place, what are some things you would do, restaurants you would eat at etc?  Help a gal out PLEASE!  We want to make the most of our little trip.

One of the reasons I have loved this little style blog the most if how many wonderful people I have met from all over the world.  I'd love to hear from you!!
Sweater: Express (similar) | Top: Loft (similar) | Jeans: Bohme Boutique (similar) | Shoes: Sperry | Jewelry | Jcrew | Sunnies: Ross (similar)

27 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! Chicago is really nice this time of year a bit hot but definitely better to go now than in the winter!

    -Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 years is a big deal! I have been to both Boston and Chicago and I like them both....hard to pick one!

    Love this look on you. Black, hot pink and white is a great color combination.

    Looking forward to hearing your decision. Sorry I can't be more help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute cardigan!!

    Xoxo

    Http://www.lolitainthemix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice cardigan..
    kisses
    http://color-blockbyfelym.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely outfit, I like the dash of pink, so bright and beautiful. The polka dot top is absolutely cute! I haven't been to Europe but I am sure it is beautiful. Happy anniversary! Hope you have a really wonderful celebration this week!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the mix of polka dots and pink! Really nice outfit :-)

    Maria

    www.daintyanddecadent.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww congrats on your 10th anniversary :)
    Europe is lovely, I'm sure you would love to visit anything here!

    My top three countries would be:
    France for all the culture, the castles, the amazing food and wines, the fashion.
    Italy for a car ride on small country roads in Tuscany, for the amazing sunsets on the Amalfi coast, in Ravello or in Capri and for the Roman ruins all over the country.
    Portugal for the happiness of the people, the amazing Port wine in Porto and the mouth watering pastries in Lisbon next to the Torre de Belem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pink sweater is SO cute! I live in Boston - and I am a huge fan of the city. I think you'll have a great time no matter where you go :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pink cardigan looks so cute paired with the polka dots! Happy anniversary! I haven't been to Chicago but I do love visiting Boston...lots of fun things to do.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the polka dot blouse and the pink cardi! Well I'm from Boston, so obviously I'm biased, but I do love this little city. I think you'll have fun wherever you go, there's lots to do in either city!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love chicago...there is so much to do and so many places to see, eat and shop! i have never been to boston, but i have always wanted to go. i imagine there are also great places to see, eat and shop at in boston, as well...plus the great history of the town. so i vote boston!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy early anniversary! I think it is so cool that you have Monday Family Nights. We do movie nights on Friday nights with a movie and hot cocoa. It is so much fun. Love your bright pink cardigan and polka dot top!

    I've never been to Boston or Chicago, but I heard that Boston is beautiful and Chicago is really fun with a lot to do!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can never go wring with Chicago! Truly one of my favorite cities! Loving your white pants btw! This just reminded me to take mine out and add some spice to them like that pink cardigan! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would totally pick Boston. Went there as a kid with my family & fell in absolute love with it. Although I've heard Chicago is pretty awesome too. I don't think you could go wrong with either one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely look, you look so chic! That polka-dotted top is super cute
    xx



    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo


    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, I've never been to Boston but I do live in Chicago :-) If you come here be sure to check out the restaurants on West Randolph. Not many tourists make it out there but that's where all the new, trendy restaurants are popping up. Also, remember that Chicago is made up of a ton of smaller neighborhoods so depending on what you're looking to do that will inform where you should check out.

    Meanwhile, I'll be on the hunt for white jeans. Every time I see someone wearing them I long for the perfect fitting pair!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute look! I have never been to Boston or Chicago but I have heard wonderful things about Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for stopping by sweetie, I am your newest follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the sunglasses and bracelet!

    http://www.themirroronthewall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is going to be one special trip! I can't help much as I've never been to both cities but my husband thinks Chicago is truly something. I love NYC but December would be suicidal to go LOL!

    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. The ruffled detailing on that blouse is the cat's meow! And the Sound of Music is such a classic...great choice!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this pink, black and white combo, Emily, and your bracelet is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think going to Chicago or Boston would be great choices. Boston has a lot of historical sites.If you chose Chicago try doing seeing of these things: the Willis (Sears)Tower has a glass elevator all the way to the top, Michigan Avenue (stores), plays,Wrigley Field (Cubs Baseball Field), Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum, Chicago Botanical Gardens, Navy Pier, and the bean. Oh and I love the polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is cute. I always love a cute blouse under a sweater/cardigan. Nice preppy look!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your shoes...sperrys are on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your style as it is elegant and simple.I can't imagine what it is to have 4 boys.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.