Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Gettin' My Pink On

 Once upon a post I had mentioned that I LOVE pink but didn't have very much of it.  Well, that is quickly being remedied :)

Last Saturday I had the BEST day.  Random fact about me is that I totally aspire to be a gourmet cook.  I love to cook fancy, but my boys don't like to eat it so much so I tone it down most days.  Well, I had a chance to go to a cooking class on making appetizers and it was so FUN!  Not to mention the food we made was incredibly delicious.  We made this, this and this.  I have GOT to make them again soon!

 Well, on the way home I got to go shopping.  Alone.  All by myself.  Without any kids!!  Can you see how thrilling this was for me?  It doesn't happen very often.  Online is my best friend, but sometimes it is fun to go inside a store and smell the new clothes (does anyone else adore the way new clothes smell?  I totally do. Yep I am a nerd).  It was lovely, and perfect, and I found these awesome pink shoes that I have been wearing ever since I bought them (just be prepared to see them a. lot.)
 I love pink and yellow together and thought this black stripey top might defuse a little bit of the lemonade-ness of the whole thing, but to be honest who wouldn't want to remind others of lemonade?  I'm good with it.
 They have added a fun pop of color in EVERYTHING I have put them with.  The store also carried some teal lovelies that I might need to get too and let me tell you they were on SALE!

 Is it totally pathetic that I am doing an entire post around my new shoes?  Probably.

 And look who had to run into the photo shoot (she is still harnessed from her walk)  This is the other girl in our family, Sasha our Golden Retriever (due to summers being scorchingly hot in Utah, we usually have her shaved in the summer. She is happier and not as hot, but it definitely isn't as pretty :).  She has a lot of pink stuff too (who else am I going to buy it for!) She is the sweetest, best dog!
 Shirt: Old Navy (similar) | Jeans: Bohme (similar-ish and here) | Shoes: Aldo | Sunnies: Ross (similar) | Jewelry: Jcrew and unknown |
Headband: H&M (similar here and here)

31 comments:

  1. OMG send me those shoes to Guatemala....! they´re so cute, aaawwwww....

    ReplyDelete
  2. the shoes are perfect and i don't mind to see them in every post :)
    the food looks sooo delicious. the smell of a new clothes is the only thing that can make me do real shopping...i'm addicted to online as well :))))

    http://excurlythoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those pink shoes!! They go great with the yellow pants!

    :)
    Allison
    afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shoes are beautiful, and it sounds like it was a perfect day for you! And I exactly know what you mean talking about the smell of new clothes... and then to me they whisper: Try me on, take me home... ;-)!
    xx Katja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Emily!
    I love your shoes , is my favourite color. You lovely dog, I want one of them.

    xoxo


    http://annchic.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the coloured combo of your outfit. These shoes are amazing!

    xoxo from München
    La Vie Quotidienne
    www.laviequo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. we love your outfit!!! perfect colors!!

    DIY and more:
    http://diyearte.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those shoes are super cute!! I wanted to buy some yellow pants yesterday at new York & co but they didn't have my size :( you look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some seriously happy shoes. I bought a pair of coral flats a few weeks ago and have been wearing them with EVERYTHING. I also adore the yellow jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think these pink shoes DESERVE an entire post write up about them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pink shoes just add so much fun to your outfit! I also love the way new clothes smell...it's like new car smell :) Sasha is so cute! My friends have a Golden and they give her the same haircut for summer.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE the pink shoes! And I totally center my posts around just my shoes all the time, so I'm in full support of this! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, Emily! I'm so glad I stopped by your blog! I absolutely love this outfit! I love the yellow pants - I really want to wear colored jeans but I have no idea how to do it. I love the way you did it here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great combo! Loving those shoes with this.:)
    cate @ wildruffle

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the combo of colors! Especially the pink shoes, they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Girlfriend I can TOTALLY relate to you. I have three kids (two boys) and shopping alone is HEAVEN. And I love the smell of new clothes too! Your new shoes are too cute! I hope you get the teal ones too! They sound like fun! Lovely pics, great outfit and cutie dog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. super cool jeans, love that colour

    www.moldiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely outfit, those jeans are awesome!
    xx



    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo


    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey I did a post this week dedicated to my nails! Ha! Love the shoes, so cute. And your pup! Love goldens! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute outfit. Love the bright colors.

    Rebecca (hearts)...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would do an entire post about those shoes too! They are adorable! And isn't such breath of fresh air to shop alone!?!? ;) You have great style! Thanks for stopping by my blog. New follower!
    xo,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for stopping by U r adorable love how your shoes coordinate with your fur babies harness.
    RaNae

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love those shoes!!! And your dog is adorable. Mine likes to photobomb all the time so it's nice to see other bloggers with their dogs in their pics. :)

    The Blue Hour

    ReplyDelete
  24. These shoes are probably the best way to give you a lift while running a busy home.I would smile everytime i look at them and then feel happy and relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great look! Love the combination of colours :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Those shoes are adorable and they are perfect with the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so cute. I need to get myself some bright colored pants - the yellow works so well on you. Why NOT remind people of lemonade? Especially with summer just around the corner.

    xo,
    Anh

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.