Monday, May 7, 2012

Do You Crochet?

 Okay I don't mean literally do you crochet, but have you seen the cute crochet trend that has been popping up here and there?  I am a fan of crochet, although I did try to actually crochet when I was younger and all of my hot pads turned out curved like bowls.  It didn't go so well, but I will happily wear something someone (or something) far more talented has crocheted for me!

This outfit for me had a little bit of a Kate Middleton vibe to it.  I LOVE her simple elegance in everything she wears. 
 I love the texture of this skirt...yep, loving crochet.
 Sweater (another cute option), skirt (loving this one) and blouse (cute and cute): Ann Taylor | Shoes: Aldo (similar) | Sunnies: Ross (similar)
 In other news, the hot hubby and I are celebrating 10 years of being married!!  We were married May 8, 2002.  It was a good day!  We showed our boys our wedding video tonight and every time we kissed (which um, was a lot.  come on it was a wedding video!!), they were scream EWE!!  Finally we put them to bed and finished it later, without them :)  Such good memories.  Our day was perfect.
 I have LOVED being married to Josh for all of these years.  He is the best husband ever and does sweet and thoughtful things all of the time.  I can honestly say there is nobody that I would rather be with.  I admire and respect him and always so grateful for his kind and loving heart. He also makes everything more fun and always goes along with my crazy random adventure ideas. 
Josh brings out the best in me and the best decision that I have ever made in my was to marry him 10 years ago.

24 comments:

  1. you look gorgeous on your wedding day, congratulations to your 10th wedding anniversary!

    vanessa

    http://thepinkmateproject.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! You looked absolutely stunning! I am getting married in September and I am so excited. Love all your crochet as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations <3 Happy Anniversary! And that's a lovely skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! I love your crochet cardigan with the blouse underneath :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. 10 years! Congratulations!!!!!!! Love that skirt! xoxo A-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary, Emily! I loved looking at your wedding photos...thanks for sharing them with us!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow 10 years, happy anniversary!! You were a beautiful bride.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on 10 years! That is incredible, and you were a beautiful bride :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely skirt! And you looked amazing on your wedding day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely outfit! & Congrats on 10 years of being happily married! Thats wonderful! You looked so incredibly beautiful on your wedding day, really gorgeous!
    xx


    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo


    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw your wedding photos are gorgeous - love your dress! Happy Anniversary :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary! Love your dress...

    http://happymedley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on such a major milestone! That's fantastic!!! And your outfit is gorgeous ... I've always loved crochet and think it adds such a pretty, feminine touch.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't crochet but like you I don't mind a good crochet top. That is too funny about your kids what a great memory to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH Congrats to you and your hubby on celebrating 10 years of married bliss! Great memory to share too...

    xo,
    nancy

    http://adoretoadorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable outfit! Love dots and stripes together. And congratulations on your anniversary! Your wedding pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. such a chic outfit... definitely has a Kate vibe. Congrats on 10 years! You seem to still be in love, definitely inspirational for someone who has just met their special someone!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww, happy anniversary!! You got married the day I graduated college. =) This outfit defintely looks like Kate Middleton. Before I got to that part, I was thinking that it's such a pretty, classy look!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the top!! :) and happy anniversary!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww you two are a gorgeous couple!!!!! Many congrats and here's to ten more fabulous years!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on your anniversary!! My husband's and mine is tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congradulations on your 10 year anniversy! And this is such a cute look, I love your pretty skirt, it has such great texture!

    ReplyDelete
  23. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! You looked BEAUTIFUL on your wedding day! Great outfit post! I especially love the skirt! Wishing you many more years of wedding bliss!! xoxo

    www.fashionmavenmommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. happy anniversary!
    you two are a beautiful couple! :)

    I really like your blog, I´m following you :D
    ... maybe if you have time, you could visit my blog too, and if you like it, follow me back ;)
    Kisses!
    http://modacapital-blog.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.