Monday, May 28, 2012

Creamsicle and Mint


 I hope that everyone had a WONDERFUL Memorial Day.  We had such a good time, we started the day off with Josh making everyone thin pancakes which are a favorite at our house.  It is sort of like a crepe, but we put butter and syrup on it.   We then took the boys on a good long bike ride.
The sad news is that I totally wrecked on my bike...trying to take a picture of the boys with my phone.  Yep I pretty much deserved it, but they were so cute riding their bikes following Josh.  Just like little ducks, I couldn't help myself.  I tried to stop with one hand and apparently my breaks are pretty sensitive.  I flew over my handle bars and my phone went flying.  Can I just say how grateful I am for my phone cover?  I have this one and it has saved my phone a million times!!  I love it.  I have had a few in the past that didn't have such great protection. 
 We had a great time on the bike ride and the rest of the day we checked things off of our "to do" list and then ended it with a fun BBQ complete with corn on the cob and watermelon (and let's not forget lemonade and IBC Cream Soda).  They the boys played late into the night (past their bed times anyway) anti-i-over with the neighborhood.  It was such a perfect way to say hello to summer!
 This is our last week of school and it is going to be full of so much fun.  I can't wait to get our summer vacation started!
 Top: Jcrew Factory (recent) | Shorts: Jcrew Factory (recent, but I couldn't find them online.  Similar) | Cardi: Jcrew | Sandals: Esprit (similar) | Bag: Aldo (similar) | Sunnies: Nordstrom

15 comments:

  1. Love this outfit. I really love pastel color. Mint or a pretty yellow is amazing.
    xo, Petra

    http://www.sweetsoflife86.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Shorts are really nice, they look so like summer! And I love the Iphone-Case, thank god nothing too bad happened to you (and your Iphone...)!
    xx Katja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Emily,
    I love your shorts in pastel colors so nice this season.
    Thanks for visited my blog.

    xoxo

    http://annchic.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These light, pastel colors are perfect for you - you look radiant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those shorts on you! The colors are perfect and so perfect for summer!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no!!! I hope that you are ok!!!! How horrible that your bike got trashed. :-( Love all these pastels on you. Those shorts are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty color palette, Emily! Sorry about the bike but glad you're okay. Your BBQ sounds yummy...I feel like they are a must for Memorial Day Weekend!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these shorts on you. At least you had a great weekend, despite the bike incident!

    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, OUCH! I'm so sorry you wrecked! We moms are so used to multitasking! ;) I hope you didn't get too bruised up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The mint shorts are so pretty! Glad your okay after your bike spill be careful :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh such pretty pastels :) You look romantic and sweet!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com


    Enter my GIVEAWAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this color combo together, SO SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the mint with the orange! So dang cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow love these tones!!

    xoxo

    http://www.lolitainthemix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.