Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Change of Scenery


 This past week when the hubs and I went to Salt Lake to celebrate our anniversary, I thought it would be fun to take some outfit shots some place other than my usual ones.  Although if I am being honest, most of the time I am lucky to get those!  But it was fun to go somewhere else (although the grey van behind me wasn't exactly what I had in mind :).
 I have just gone berserk mixing different colors this season.  I always worry when I wear a flowy top that it will look like I am pregnant, but I LOVE this top with my skinny jeans so at least I will be a stylish prego gal (please note I am NOT pregnant...)
 This night was so lovely and perfect.  I have actually thought that about quite a few nights lately.  The trees smell so good and it is just perfectly cool.
 While my older boys were with Josh at baseball practice I rode my bike around with my 2 year old.  He was so cute and he just loved it.
 When I would ask him if we should go home he would just say "no, more bike ride pease (please)."  Of course I couldn't say no to that so we rode around it the beautiful evening until my legs were shaky and ready to fall off.  But it was a good memory.
 This same two year old had to go to the doctor today to have splinters removed from his foot. Somewhere he had stepped on something awful and had 25 splinters, ranging from tiny to gigantic!!  I don't do so well with my kids being in pain (I fainted once...), so my lovely husband left work to come with us (he's the best...and he probably didn't want me to faint again....) It was horrible, but I didn't faint :) 
Cardigan: Banana Republic (similar) | Top: Simply Vera via Kohls (Altered a little bit) | Jeans: BP Nordstrom | Heels: Aldo (similar) | Bracelet: Jcrew | Sunnies: Ross (similar)

28 comments:

  1. Absolutely love your outfit!

    xx
    Cecilia
    dearestlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jeans fits so well! Never tried this label before but they look good :) I miss the days when my boys were todds, when they needed me more than today :( Enjoy yours!

    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/2012/05/vintage-galore.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That flowy top looks great on you, Emily! Splinters are THE worst (especially when there's so many!), so I can't blame you for freaking out about your son! Have a great weekend!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that white top, it's so pretty! Love the red heels with this outfit. Aw 25 splinters? YIKES! Have a wonderful weekend! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your anniversary was lovely! I love how you paired the purple with the red--it looks great!

    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color mixing. Hot heels girl! Happy Anniversary! Have a wonderful weekend. Check out my Fab Friday Beauty Tip if you have some time!

    xoxo,
    Rachael
    www.rachaelkhawkins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color of your cardigan and your bracelet.

    Have a nice weekend.

    xoxo

    http://annchic.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute outfit! Happy anniversary, by the way! I need to change up my outfit photo locations too but old habits die hard :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great outfit! Like those heels and nice shooting!

    xoxo

    http://www.lolitainthemix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute heels! I like the red & purple!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those red heels! Red and purple are one of my favorite color combinations :)

    katiesbliss.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no, your poor baby! Ugh, I just hate it when the kids are hurt or sick.

    I love the mix of lavender and red here. So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice outfit!<3 The shoes are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So great to see another mum who hasn't lost it, you look amazing.
    www.thesuburbanstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love that top! So pretty! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE this outfit! You look gorgeous!
    xx


    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo


    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I always think the exact same thing when I wear a flowy top :)
    Very cute outfit!

    http://seizethestyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the color combo and the top. I also like to wear flowy tops :) nice outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That sweater is fantastic and I love the pop of red!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I feel the same way when I wear these tops or flowy dress, but you look great!

    Looks like a great day!

    Brittany
    Belle epoque
    fashionista-brit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have shirts like that too! Looks cute with skinnies. Love the color of the cardi too ;)

    http://creativelystylish.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great look! Loving the red shoes

    www.northernstyle.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aldo shoes never fail to impress!

    Happy Mother's Day!

    Peaches
    xx
    http://mintyandpeaches.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Killer heels! :D

    http://thebelatedbloomer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like the lavender cardi paired with all the edgy urban touches. Great look. If you have a second, swing by our fashion meet up and link up http://www.momtrends.com/2012/05/fashion-finds-for-moms/

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.