Monday, April 30, 2012

Sweet Serendipity

 After reading the definition of serendipity on  Dictionary.com (which I actually spend more time on than I would like to admit), I will sum it up as a "fortunate accident," or something good that happened when you weren't expecting it.

My husband and I have been looking for a new entertainment center lately because he has decided that we needed a bigger TV, and in all honesty, we did need a new TV as ours is so old and the color has serious issues.  Let us just say people on it have purple faces and green hair (not that attractive when you aren't an oompa loompa).  Not to mention my 2 year old totally thinks that Lightening McQueen is blue. 
 Well, we have been looking and looking forever for an entertainment center!!  I had to have doors on it that closed so we could protect it from flying footballs and games of "keep away" that are frequent when one has 4 boys.

We looked for months.  Nobody seemed to sell entertainment centers that were the armoire style for that big of a TV.  Finally we stopped looking and decided to have someone build it.  Wouldn't you know it his life got super busy the second we had our first meeting with him and we had been waiting 2 weeks just to get a big.
 In the mean time I had stopped looking around for an entertainment center until last night I was getting a bit exasperated with this process and decided to look online again and guess what.  Serendipitously we found the EXACT entertainment center that I had told this guy I wanted him to build for way cheaper than he could have built it!!!!

We picked it up tonight and it is beautiful!  I love with when that happens.  You know when you see something you LOVE and that one time that they have it in your size and it happens to be on sale.  Best feeling ever. 
 Another moment of serendipity happened when I fell in love with the peplum look and found it in my closet!!  Who would guess I would already have a new trend. 
 I had sort of forgotten about this top and loved pulling it out for a (lately very rare), warm day.  I am also debuting my sandals that I LOVE.  When I was a little girl the older cool girls wore these.  I always wanted a pair so a few years ago when I found them at Esprit I had to get them.  And I don't know if I will ever stop loving them.  It's sort of like a first love, only it was a first fashion love. I'll probably be 99 and still wearing them :)

I also fell in love with this style of purse when I was in 9th grade and my friend brought one back from a trip to Mexico.  I looked for one for years without any luck and guess what???  They are back!!  I need one!! 

 Top: White House Black Market (loving this one) | Jeans: Bohme (similar) | Sandals: Esprit (similar) | Jewelry: Jcrew and unknown | Sunnies: Banana Republic Factory

 **Don't forget to enter my Shabby Apple Giveaway!!!**
also
 ***If you order anything from Shabby Apple use the code creamyclothes10off for 10% off your order.  This is valid for the next month!!!***

28 comments:

  1. Love this whole outfit! Awesome you found a entertainment center too I find I'm the same way with a lot my furniture pieces I'll look and look and look but never find just the right one until much later!

    -Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great top! this outfit looks fantastic on you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yellow color of those pants is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm always jumping like a kid when something like happened to me :))))
    lovely outfit. i love yellow at this moment :)))

    http://excurlythoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Serendipity..., just makes me smile! :)
    Loving the yellow!

    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!
    I love your yellow pants.

    Happy working day!

    xoxo

    http://annchic.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thta yellow colour makes it work great!!

    xoxo

    http://www.lolitainthemix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute outfit, I love the yellow pants.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for finding your dream entertainment center! Serendipity makes me think of the movie...one of my favorites!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that top, goes really well with the yellow jeans! Yay for your new entertainment center. Furniture is actually really hard to shop for, you never find exactly what you're looking for when you want to. But when you do, it's totally awesome.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome sunny yellow pants! I'll be posting some yellow pants next too! Don't you just love the color!

    www.plentyforpennies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love when that happens! Congrats and as someone with three kids (two of which are boys), I can totally relate to the footballs and the like. I LOVE your sunny yellow jeans and they look great paired with this black and white top!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your yellow pants, especially with the black & white top - so cute!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hate to be repetitive of previous commenters but it's a must say- those pants are fabulous.

    Cheers,
    Bree
    Dream in Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful!!! we love your jeans!!

    DIY and more:
    http://diyearte.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just got some yellow jeans too! Cute look...nice job on the entertainment center! Good things come to those who wait! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooooh, I am majorly crushing on those yellow pants! I love the black/white/yellow combo. Hmmm, I must recreate this color combo immediately!

    Dossome

    A Tale of Two Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a great look. Also that awesome you find the entertainment center for cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Serendipity sounds good! hehe I'm happy for you that you managed to find what you were looking for.
    Really nice outfit too! Love the pants.

    Call me M @ Do You Speak Gossip?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great news on the entertainment center! yay! Love that top with the yellow pants. A perfect way to wear peplum.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've seen a lot of the colored jeans but so far no yellow, I love it! Thanks for sharing, that color is so spring/summery, I'm definitely going to have to get me a pair .

    xoxo, Amy
    www.amyisthinking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE your yellow jeans! They look amazing paired with that printed shirt!

    :)
    Allison
    afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi there! Thanks for the comment on my blog. I love your modest, SUPER CUTE, trendy style! I'm your newest follower :)

    Brooke

    liningthecloudswithsilver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE the yellow jeans!! I'm thinking I need a pair - ASAP!! So dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this look, so sunny and fresh! You look great! xxx

    http://aurelieandangelo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. SO lovely your look.

    xoxo

    http://annchic.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.