Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bloom

Today one of my sons came and told me that my Kindergartener had a girlfriend.  WHAT!!!  Okay I know that it is totally normal for kids to have "girlfriends/boyfriends" at this age but I have to admit, I didn't like the news. 
I tried to play it cool and asked him about said girlfriend and he got a sheepish totally cute look on his face.  He laughed and told me she wasn't really his girlfriend, but she has a crush on him and asked him to be her boyfriend...
I have such a hard time with my kids growing up.  This same Kindergartener just learned to tie his shoes.  As glad as I am that he can do it by himself, it sort of makes me sad that he doesn't need my help any more.
Sorry for the random story, but I don't think I can say too much about what I am wearing so you get to hear the randoms that are on my mind (and things get pretty random at 11:00 pm). 

On a different note, I will openly admit that I still wear my silver jewelry.  I totally get that gold is the "in" color right now, but I am a silver fan (plus I have silver shoes on...it just calls for silver accessories ya know?) 
I have gold and love it, but I have been doing silver for years now, how can I just turn my back on the jewelry box full of silver!!

I also have a layering obsession lately.  I just love it and spring just calls for layers (okay winter and fall do too, and summer if I can find a way to do it and not roast...obsessed I tell you)!!!  It is always fun to mix and match my clothes in different ways.  Lots of random, that is what you get at 11:00 at night :)  The end.
Shirt: Jcrew | Sweater: Buckle | Pants: Jcrew | Heels: Michael by Michael Kors via Nordstrom | Belt: Forever 21 | Bloom: H&M | Jewelry: Ann Taylor, Etsy

41 comments:

  1. nice outfit..
    kisses
    http://color-blockbyfelym.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super COOL Outfit Emily...nice to use in every day, fresh, sophisticate and awesome

    XOXO from MUNICH

    La Vie Quotidienne

    www.laviequo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow LOVE this outfit, love the styling, thecolours and the details, overall genius!! Looks so good on you! Thnx for following, you're so sweet, following you back now dear!!

    xoxo lorena

    http://www.lolitainthemix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice outfit. Love your necklace :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this outfit! so tender and cute! I love the flower part.

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog
    P.S. I also read your other blogs - you have a great family! the boys are so nice! and McKay is so sweet, very beautiful little boy! Following you now

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the outfit. Adorable!

    Check out my latest post to get free shipping from the Esty store, "The Nautical Wheeler"! Beautiful jewelry designs!!

    www.rachaelkhawkins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute outfit, love that flower!
    xx


    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo


    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, that is such a sweet story! You look great, love the layers and the flower detail. And you can TOTALLY mix silver and gold, I do it all the time!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is so funny! I teach third grade and often overhear my kids talking about who is going out with who! definitely too young!! and I would still always choose silver over gold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a silver lover too. Thanks for visiting Katie!

      Delete
  10. That is a hysterical story! I definitely had kindergarten crushes. I love your pretty layers here, doll!
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos and amazing colors :)

    Lia
    http://theperksofbeingagirlygirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool Style & Blog!!!!!! xoxo from Rome

    www.rockandfrock.com

    Ps. Follow each other on Bloglovin & GFC???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to follow each other! I just followed your blog, so cute! :)

      Delete
  13. you are beautiful!!
    we love your outfit and your blog!

    http://diyearte.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello!

    Hahaha Funny history, your kid grow up, such is life my dear friend, In a short time you´ll be have four girl at home.
    But don´t worry about it, for sure you´ll be enjoy that expirience with your boys.
    I have the same flower, I like the way that you used,I´m going try look so nice.

    XOXO

    http://annchic.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the cute comment. Come again soon!

      Delete
  15. I agree I love silver, always have and always will :) love your outfit :) I hope you will follow my blog :)

    leopardinleather.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am following your blog, I'd love it if you would follow me back :)

      Delete
  16. I cannot believe how many cute outfits you have...you truly have a talent for putting things together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brittany you are the best!

      Delete
  17. I mix gold and silver ALL the time... at one point I never would have touched gold jewelry but I'm actually drawn to it now more, which is weird. Love this layered look of yours!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so with you! Gold sort of gives my hands a weird look, but I really like it now! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  18. What a great outfit. Love the bold statement necklace and I adore the skinny polka dot belt!

    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful summeroutfit!

    xoxo
    - Hope, you'll stop by :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mixing gold and silver it's not a faux pas, it's totally ok and looks great! You can mix all the metallics! You look fabulous, very Carrie B.! lol

    fashionistafueradelaciudad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really nice pictures ... You have a super nice blog by the way 

    Just take a look at my blog and follow me if you like maybe also on Bloglovin
    It would be so great ...

    xxx
    Rose
    ------------
    www.sunkissedlovechild.blogspot.com

    also it would be great if you take a look at my new Facebook page of my Blog .. Simply stop by and press the “like” button  click click click ...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really nice pictures ... You have a super nice blog by the way 

    Just take a look at my blog and follow me if you like maybe also on Bloglovin
    It would be so great ...

    xxx
    Rose
    ------------
    www.sunkissedlovechild.blogspot.com

    also it would be great if you take a look at my new Facebook page of my Blog .. Simply stop by and press the “like” button  click click click ...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.