Saturday, March 24, 2012

Maxi Dress and Denim

 My husband and I like to always plan a little Friday night activity each week for our boys.  Last night we went on a little bike ride.  It was the first time I got to ride my new bike!  Even though I woke up seriously sore this morning, I had so much fun and I think biking is something I could really get into.  It was so fun!

As we rode my Josh explained all of the hand signals for turning left, right and slowing down.  It was so cute to see the boys (the three on bikes, McKay our two year old was in the bike trailer) practice as we rode. 
 We rode to a park and let the boys play a little bit, but they were more excited to ride their bikes, so we quickly got back on the bikes and rode on into the fragrant evening.  Spring is so full of wonderful smells.  Last night was mixed with burning weeds and new growth.  I liked it.
 I am starting to think of what I want to put on our family summer bucket list.  I think I will add some springy things too, like puddle jumping, finding buds on trees, flying kites, taking picture in a blossom covered orchard and checking out the baby animals at a local farm. 
 The world is so amazing, and sometimes in my hurry to get to the warmth of summer, I skip over the miracle of spring. 
Jacket: Gap | Dress: Hive and Honey via Piperlime | Espadrilles: Tribeca via Dillards | Necklace: Macys | Bracelets: Macys, Ann Taylor, Jcrew


Hopefully this year I will be more patient and let time pass as slowly as it wants to.

28 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful Friday with the family! This is a great spring outfit.

    -V
    http://stylishlyme.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Mica! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. cute!!!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great family outing. It's those little things like a bike ride that brings a family closer to each other. Not to mention your kids will always have fond memories of the whole family riding your bikes exploring the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was so much fun! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. I want to steal your dress! Super cute blog Em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashleigh! Can't wait until your resumes :) Although I am pretty sure that after I had a baby I spent the first few months in sweats.

      Delete
  6. The striped Maxi dress is great! I haven't been on a bike in years but I bet my kids are old enough ride bikes now. I would love it if you linked up on my fashion link party here

    http://watchoutforthewoestmans.blogspot.com/2012/03/green-and-brown.html

    Have a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to be part of the link party! I hadn't been on a bike in a long time too, I felt like a total klutz at first. I love it now! THanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I do too! I might need to get some more! Thank you Megan! And thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a great day! I really want a bike so I can ride with my kids! Glad you had such a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was lovely, thanks for visiting Allie!

      Delete
  9. I absolutely love your maxi dress!!
    I want one with stripes, I'll have to keep on the lookout for one when I go thrifting ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to get some more. I felt like I was wearing pjs this day, which is always a plus with a dress :) Thanks for visiting!!

      Delete
  10. Great Friday traditions with your boys. I have 3 boys myself and always trying to find ways to keep them entertained besides video games! haha I am loving your family bucket list ideas! BTW love your dress. I have been wanting a cute maxi dress for a while. LOVE your style and look forward to seeing more of your outfits. I am your newest follower :)

    http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Finding ideas for boys is so challenging! Mine definitely love video games too. Thanks for visiting and following Cassidy!!

      Delete
  11. love, love, love this look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! Love you gals, thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love maxi dresses! its my go to outfit for running errands on the weekend :)


    -Gita
    mimiandchichi.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. Thank you Danielle! Your nice comment totally made my night.

      Delete
  15. i want that dress. i'm a total stripes addict ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great way to be comfy and stylish, a maxi dress an a jacket.
    Ps love your bracelets and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.