Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Black and Tan

When I was growing up we had the ultimate ice cream parlor in our community.  It was a family owned business by the name of Leatherbys.  The ice cream was amazing and they gave you A TON of it (I am serious people, we are talking mountains of ice cream and rivers of toppings...your mouth is watering isn't it.?)  All of their toppings were/are homemade.  Our got to go there for special occasions and later I went there after nearly every big school dance and it was always incredible.  My husband, me and our boys lived in the community I grew up in for a little bit and I would take my kids there.  They also thought it was/is ice cream heaven.  If any of you who are reading this live in Utah, you need to visit if you haven't.  Any of you who don't live here ever visit Utah...go, it is life changing (well, really good anyway).

One of my favorite things to get there was this awesome sundae called "Annie's Black and Tan" (it was some gal's name, I think it was Annie, for the sake of the example, lets assume it was Annie.  I think all of the ice cream creations are named after people in their family...anyway...)   This creation was homemade hot fudge with homemade caramel sauce (I always get extra caramel...my favorite). 

You may be wondering why in the world I shared that story.  Well...this outfit is both black and tan, and not only do black and tan taste divine together, I really like how black and tan look together...OK Moving on.

Did you notice there are NO STRIPES in this outfit?  Not one.  I have to say it is quite the accomplishment for me.  I will admit however...I ordered a striped blazer online last night.  I fell off the wagon, I am ashamed.  They are just so cute!  There is a little print mixing in this outfit.  Can you see this pin dotted shirt?  I just discovered the concept of layering two shirts and once again, a little mixing up has opened my wardrobe up to so many possibilities.
I was thinking that I might try to make it a week without wearing stripes in my posts.  I wonder if I could do it.  I wouldn't bet any money on it or anything, but it might be fun to try a stripe-less week.  Consider this day 1.
Pin Dot Shirt: Ann Taylor | Checked Shirt: Jcrew | Jacket: Ann Taylor | Jeans: Aeropostale | Heels: Steve Madden (similar) | Bracelet: Jcrew |
Earrings: Had them forever, no idea

Later this day I had a meeting I had to dress up for and I changed the jeans for a knee length straight skirt and loved that look too.  No pics though.

50 comments:

  1. nice bracelet.. :-)
    thanks for your comment i follow you now
    kisses
    http://color-blockbyfelym.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I like this color combination, and your inspiration for it sounds delicious!!! Those heels are really stunning and seem like they would be really versatile.

    Have a great day :) Glad I stumbled upon your blog - following now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thanks for visiting and especially following!!

      Delete
  3. DARLING. I found this little blog of yours a couple weeks ago. You have such a fabulous style. Wish I could hire you to be my personal shopper. I certainly need all the help I can get! Thanks for the fashion inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hannah! Oh my goodness I'd love to go shopping with you :) Your comment totally made my day. Thanks for visiting

      Delete
  4. Love the layers, you look so pretty! And now I'm suddenly craving ice cream.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your cute comment, and for visiting my little blog!

      Delete
  5. Loving the subtle pattern mixing - so cute! And I totally want some ice cream now :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie! And thanks for visiting :) Come again soon.

      Delete
  6. I love this!! black and white, the color combo besides neutrals that I'm obsessed with these days hehe. thank you for your lovely comment, i can only return it right back- ps I love your pumps!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Thanks so much for visiting.

      Delete
  7. I love the heels!!! I want those... so pretty!

    xo everything-pretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I totally appreciate your comment. Come again soon!

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous outfit! Love the layering!

    Followed you back!
    xx


    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo


    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment and thank you so much for following!!

      Delete
  9. love your checkered shirt! too cute. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your shoes,love them!!
    You look great, I´m following :)
    XO
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for following! I totally appreciate it.

      Delete
  11. Love the layers - so cute!
    xoxo
    krystin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great outfit, I love your shoes!!!
    http://ponerleonda.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute!!!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. a mummy of four and so stylish!!that's so great, btw the shirt and the shoes together..perfect choice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made my day! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  15. Thank you for the lovely comment ;))

    Desislava
    http://truedreamcatcher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. cute look! i love all the layers! just found your blog.. enjoying so far :]

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome and thanks for the cute comment! Hope you come again soon.

      Delete
  17. ADORE this, it's so casual chic! The gingham is really classy and the tan against the black and white just has such a demure prettiness.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. stunning look!!! I am sure you know Racheal Zoe - you like her sometimes!!! I am your new follower, I hope you will like my blog and follow me back, kisses
    http://aprettylife13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment was so nice! I love Racheal Zoe. Thanks for following, I totally appreciate it! Love to follow you back.

      Delete
  19. i love your blog and your cute outfits!, you are a cute and hip mom and i love that!...

    lovely blog, im following ya :)

    milena

    www.milenalovesthis.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Milena, your comment made my night! Thanks for the follow, I totally appreciate it!

      Delete
  20. Ooh ice cream!! Cute outfit!

    With hearts,
    Janet
    http://missrockcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. SO glad we found each other's blogs! I LOVE the J Crew gingham button down- I have it and wear it regularly! Awesome layering and styling!

    Stay in touch!

    Amanda
    http://easy-life-blog.com/

    Ps. I have another giveaway tomorrow! Make sure to check in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely check your giveaway out! Thank you for your comment and come again soon!

      Delete
  22. lol its fantastic that you connected your outfit with a story from back in the day. Reading it I thought it was lovely and how lucky were you with that icecream vendor! I swear ours were always miniscule and CLEARLY not enough..whatever. Anyway you look so lovely in this tan and black outfit. The checkers add a really lovely touch to it ^_^

    Eeli xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eelie! I know sometimes those ice cream vendors are so stingy!! Loved your cute comment.

      Delete
  23. need.icecream.now.... *drools*

    lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and thank you so much for visiting!!

      Delete
  24. You have GREAT style! love it! So pretty! Nice blog, thanks for stopping by mine! Have a great weekend!

    your new follower :)
    xo Marie
    http://nyorkeratheart.blogspot.com
    p.s. please check out my FB page! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  25. amazing blog!!!
    maybe you can become a follower too!? :) it would mean a lot to me!

    http://sandrafashiondiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a cute look - these gingham shirts layer so well. Thanks so much for dropping by my blog.
    xx
    The Fashionable ESQ
    http://www.thefashionableesq.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the way you've styled this gingham shirt!

    And thanks for your lovely comments on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.